This survey measures 25 management and leadership competency dimensions covering five key areas.
The 360° Feedback Survey included with our Leadership Skills for Managers course provides a rich picture of a person’s style and competencies by showing how they view their competencies and how their bosses and coworkers view them. Choose those that you know will give you realistic, helpful and constructive feedback. The survey is based on a five factor concept model of management and leadership covering competencies that appear frequently in company competency frameworks.
Why use this 360 Feedback report?
- Increase awareness and understanding of management and leadership skills.
- Identify any gaps between the individual’s views of their strengths and weaknesses and other people’s views.
- Provide practical tips for improving management and leadership skills.
- Increase management and leadership skills and performance.
Who completes the survey?
Each participant is asked to complete their own survey and nominate up to five coworkers. In order to produce a report, the participant and at least two coworkers must complete the assessment. The more people coworkers complete the survey, the more informative the report will be, and ideally this should include at least one of each of:
- Direct Reports or Employees
What does it measure?
The survey measures 25 management and leadership competency dimensions covering five key areas. The survey also provides the opportunity for the assessors to provide performance improvement comments and suggestions and can be tailored to assess the competencies in a client organisation’s framework.
What does the report include?
The feedback report shows the individual’s ratings alongside the average and distribution of the assessors’ ratings. It shows areas of agreement about strengths and weaknesses, and any areas of disagreement – for example, hidden strengths and blind spots. The report also summarises the comments and performance improvement suggestions provided by the assessors.
- Initiating activity: Shows initiative, has positive attitude, self-starter.
- Taking risks: Takes risks, challenges accepted practice, bends rules to make progress.
- Creating and innovating: Originates change, makes things better, produces creative ideas and solutions.
- Adapting to change: Adapts quickly to change, responds flexibly to people and situations.
- Strategic thinking: Communicates vision, develops strategy, identifies business opportunities.
PLANNING AND ORGANISING
- Analysing and interpreting: Analyses situations carefully, makes rational judgments and logical decisions.
- Making decisions: Decides quickly, displays confidence, acts independently when necessary.
- Planning and prioritising: Plans and prioritises work activities, manages time effectively.
- Monitoring quality: Takes pride in work, does job well, gets the detail correct.
- Financial management: Plans and controls expenditure, manages money, watches costs.
- Communicating: Expresses views clearly, makes impact with presentations.
- Listening and supporting: Sensitive to people’s needs, involves people in plans and decisions.
- Relating and networking: Develops strong working relationships, builds rapport quickly.
- Team working: Strong team player, works effectively with people.
- Emotional awareness: Handles own and other people’s feelings and emotions skillfully.
- Achieving goals: Self-motivated, driven to get ahead, prepared to do whatever it takes.
- Meeting customer needs: Applies customer concepts, focuses on quality and service.
- Focusing on the business: Focuses on the bottom line, controls costs, sets ambitious targets.
- Learning and developing: Exploits opportunities for self-development, energetic, self-aware.
- Written communication: Conveys information clearly and concisely in emails, memos, papers, and reports.
- Persuading and influencing: Has presence and authority, enjoys being in charge, takes lead.
- Motivating and empowering: Empowers and motivates team members, delegates tasks effectively.
- Coaching others: Coaches and develops team, gives regular feedback.
- Coping with pressure: Handles pressure and stress, stays calm and in control.
- Ethics: Promotes ethics, demonstrates integrity, encourages equal opportunities.