- Adapt your coaching style to suit individuals and their developmental needs.
- Use the GROW model to effectively coach your direct reports and give your coaching session shape.
- Develop strategies to encourage and support accountability.
- Use praise and constructive feedback to increase motivation and have a positive impact.
- Implement simple techniques to earn and maintain a trusting relationship.
This course will provide you with the practical tools to create and implement a successful coaching relationship, with the final stages of the course allowing you to create and practice a sample coaching session.
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at anyone who manages personnel or who contributes to an individual’s capability development in the workplace. We recommend incorporating this management training with our other courses as part of a development program.
Looking for Online training?
Identifying the need for coaching as a leadership style in the workplace to develop individual and team capability.
Define and apply the five definite characteristics that distinguish superior coaching from other such conversations.
Identify and apply the core communication skills to clarify understanding and maintain motivation.
Decide what to do and commit to action using this simple yet powerful framework for structuring a coaching session.
Checking your coaching performance and hold follow-up conversations to build accountability around the outcomes or goals that have been agreed upon and committed to.
Increase self-confidence and motivate someone to challenge themselves by highlighting their efforts.
Use a six step method to ensure your feedback has constructive value and doesn’t come across as critique or criticism.
Practical techniques to develop trust and allow both parties to feel safe and comfortable with one another.