$725.00Quote Training At My Workplace
- Managers and leaders that want to improve their communication and feedback skills and gain a deep understanding of how to adapt their behaviours to get the best out of others.
- Lunch and refreshments
- Capped class size
- Hard copy workbook
The DISC® Profile provides a common language that people can use to better understand themselves and to adapt their communication skills and behaviours with others. It is a personal assessment tool used to improve communication, leadership, work productivity and team dynamics. Read more and download a sample report.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
You’ll be amazed at the impact clear, effective communication skills can have on your workplace. Our communication skills training course assists in developing these skills and learning how to execute them appropriately.
- Develop key communication skills and insight into how to inspire others.
- Improve your understanding of yourself and others by using DISC® Profile to recognise communication styles.
- Get the best out of your people by adapting your communication and management style to appeal to what motivates them.
- Understand the important role feedback plays in the workplace.
- Give positive and constructive feedback to your team members to help them develop their skills and succeed at work.
Effective questioning skills
To get accurate and important information from your direct reports and manage performance – whether good or bad – you need to know how and why to use open, closed and clarifying questions. Our communication skills training includes questioning techniques, and how to utilise the information gained through the answers to these questions.
Giving effective feedback
The content of feedback is not always positive, but its delivery should always be constructive. Constructive feedback is the most useful and beneficial to the receiver because it provides encouragement, support, corrective measures and direction. People can respond very differently to feedback, and it’s important to tailor your delivery so it’s received productively.
The Situation-Behaviour-Impact (SBI) feedback model
Following this model when you provide feedback will help the receiver see what actions they can take to continue or improve their performance, change ineffective behaviour and overcome obstacles.
Understand your DISC® Profile
DISC® a self-assessment that looks at both your behavioural and communication styles and helps you understand how to adapt to get the best out of others.
Build effective communication skills
Understand why successful communication is central to successful leadership. Expand your skill-set and ensure you’re able to effectively communicate across a number of workplace settings.
Understanding barriers to effective communication
Communication gaps occur when the sender’s message is not received the way it was intended. Understanding the barriers that cause these gaps will help you to prevent and overcome them.
Obstacles to listening
Listening is a crucial aspect of communication. It is not only the sender who must overcome communication gaps; the listener must also be aware of how to manage potential obstacles. Learn how to understand and interpret what your employees are communicating to you.