$1,450.00Quote Training At My Workplace
- This entry level management course is suitable for future, emerging and new managers with no prior training.
- If you are already in a management position, please enrol in the Supervision and People Management course.
- Embedded Learning Guide
- Personal Development Plan
- Student Series Emails
- Lunch and refreshments
- Hard copy workbook
- Capped class sizes
Drawing on elements of modern leadership theory, the Leadership Potential Indication (LPI) Questionnaire assesses 20 dimensions of leadership effectiveness. These measure your leadership level, style and competencies in four key areas: developing the vision, sharing the goals, gaining support and delivering success. Learn more and download a sample report.
COURSE FOCUS AREAS
- Define the terms – management and leadership.
- Identify the qualities of effective leaders.
- Understand your own leadership style preferences.
- Evaluate the impact of your leadership style on the work environment.
- Describe the four key elements of emotional intelligence.
- Manage conflict effectively.
- Deliver difficult feedback which helps others develop.
- Compare the high level leadership requirements and approaches of different generations.
- Apply a situational approach to leadership for a variety of individuals and circumstances.
You will gain an insight into how strong, tailored leadership abilities can have a significant impact on your workplace. This program seeks to fine tune your executive leadership qualities, and uncover your true potential as an emerging leader. Learning more about yourself as a person and a leader will allow you to improve your leadership approach and achieve positive results both personally and for your entire team. Executive leadership training will encourage you to develop your leadership style and improve teamwork, productivity and communication in your workplace. Our executive leadership programs are accessible to entry-level managers and supervisors throughout Australia. We even offer training services at specific workplaces, and have representatives across Australia who can travel to rural areas.
Experiencing conflict is not pleasant but it can produce positive results, depending on how you deal with it.
Leadership style is not a function of your personality. It should be a strategic choice based on what best suits a particular situation. Our executive courses will teach you to structure your leadership style to produce the most effective results.
Understand how to develop trusting and trustworthy behaviours to build team effectiveness and learn how to adapt your behaviour to best lead others.
Building a personal development plan
Take responsibility for your own development and improve the triad of knowledge, skills and attitude on your way to becoming a great leader.
Emotional intelligence framework
The difference between emotional intelligence (also called EI or emotional quotient) and intelligence quotient.
The way you communicate makes all the difference in terms of the results you achieve.
Understanding the seven distinct bases of power.
The generational mix
Learn how to work with those from different generations.
Myths of management
Discovering that leadership may not be what we thought it would be. You’ll learn how to combat the myths and capitalise on what matters most in a leadership role.
Feedback and tough conversations
How constructive feedback and coaching go hand in hand to enhance the drive for improvement. Uncover the best ways to give feedback based on others’ communication needs.
Analyse leadership level, style and competencies.
Offer practical tips for leadership development.
Improve leadership skills and performance.