$1,100.00 – $1,450.00Quote Training At My Workplace
As the first step of our Supervisors and Team Leaders Development Pathway, this course is recommended for supervisors and first level or first time managers who require practical tools and techniques to gain the cooperation and support of staff.
- Embedded Learning Guide
- Personal Development Plan
- Student Series Emails
- Lunch and refreshments
- Hard copy workbook
- Capped class sizes
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- Understand the requirements of your role as a supervisor or manager.
- Apply the core skills of effective communication.
- Identify your preferred communication and management style using the DISC Profile®.
- Adapt your communication and management style to suit individual situations.
- Explain the coaching and counselling process.
- Provide an effective combination of positive and constructive feedback.
- Delegate tasks effectively for the benefit of both individuals and the organisation.
As a manager, you are responsible for managing the performance of team members, including both good and poor performers.
Managing the performance conversation
Close the performance gap by understanding elements that impact performance and planning a counselling feedback session.
Advantages of delegation and how to do it successfully using the five steps.
Personal development plan tracker
Put the skills and behaviours you want to implement back in your workplace into action.
The role of a supervisor or manager
Supervision is the art of achieving outcomes through other people. Getting the balance right is the most important skill.
The communication process and how to prevent barriers to communication.
Successful people know the right questions to ask and, as a result, they get better answers.
Giving and receiving feedback
Learn to to direct behaviour and motivate performance by giving positive and constructive feedback.
Managing according to the situation
Adopt the most appropriate leadership style depending on the situation with individual team members.
Diagnosing development needs
When to train, coach, delegate and counsel.
As a supervisor or manager, it can be difficult to perfect the art of achieving outcomes through other people, in a way that engages and motivates as well. Supervision requires balancing different views and adapting your management style to suit the situation.