$594.00 – $660.00Quote Training At My Workplace
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN
- Explain the importance of delegation as part of the management process.
- Describe critical elements of delegation processes and procedures.
- Determine the most appropriate tasks to delegate and promote responsibility and accountability.
- Use delegation strategies for capability development.
- Implement effective strategies to overcome barriers to successful delegation.
- Evaluate your current capability with planning, prioritising and measuring delegated tasks.
- Implement strategies to stop other people’s priorities becoming yours.
Manage obstacles to delegation
Managers and organisations can fail to achieve team cohesiveness through effective delegation because they unknowingly fall prey to five potential obstacles or pitfalls.
Six levels of delegation authority
When a manager delegates a task to an individual or team, it is imperative that the parties clearly understand their level of authority.
Types of task that take your time
Identify and determine how much time your various task are taking.
Stop other people’s priorities becoming yours
Make the right choices when people bring you problems, issues, or tasks they want help with.
Principles and benefits of delegation
Delegating parts of your work will empower you to manage an increased workload and further expand the value you can deliver.
Using the power of other people’s help
The benefits of effective delegation, and what happens when you don’t delegate.
Having competency and proficiency
Develop planning and prioritisation competencies to three levels: basic, intermediate and advanced.
Stages of effective delegation
To delegate effectively: choose the right tasks to delegate, identify the right people to delegate to, and delegate in the right way.